Sarah Hendrickson
Bonaire W08 Study Abroad
UD Team Undergrad!
Monday, January 7, 2008
First Week Blog
Over the last couple days I have had the opportunity to hear a little bit about the lives of a couple different people on the island. One in particular in which I remember a lot about was our taxi driver, Nelson. He was born on the island of Bonaire and has spent most of his life here. He lived in Amsterdam for four years for school, and also worked as a bellman in a five star hotel. He joked about how his uniform consisted of many silly gold pieces. On his spare time he likes to fish for parrotfish, which I found ironic because I am going to conduct my research on them. I had no idea people ate parrotfish. I remember him saying that he likes to spend most of his time making sure people are happy and safe, which is why he likes to be a taxi driver.