Bonaire W08 Study Abroad
UD Team Undergrad!
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Megan's final blog
What I learned in Bonaire: I learned a lot of things during our time in Bonaire, though not all of it was from the classes. I learned a lot about the geology of the island, and the unique qualities that make it a diver's dream. The chance to observe the science team work was amazing, even though at times it seemed like a comedy of errors (how many times did the Gavia disappear?). Art and Doug were great about giving us enough time and space to work on our research projects on our own, while still being available to help us and answer questions when we needed them. My fish identification has improved greatly, and I'm inching closer to the 100 dive mark. After a pretty painful first couple days, I learned that bug spray can be your best friend, and that a sunglass tan is a pretty fabulous look. Most importantly though, I learned more about working with other people while still maintaining friendships that will hopefully last long after the plane lands.