This trip has been quite the experience, I think we can all say that! The most vivid experience I think I've had here was our late planned excursion in the caves as I am sure is true with many other people. After a little trip to Shenandoah this past summer and taking a 'tour' through they're caves, I was very disappointed. The commercialization that those caving systems endure for the sake to make a buck is terrible. Coming here to Bonaire and having the opportunity to see a beautiful untouched caving system up close and personal is something I have always wanted to do being a geology major.
The other aspect of the trip that was the most fun I think to me was the windsurfing. Cheryn and I got to meet world professional windsurfers and locals alike at Jibe City. Learning how to windsurf was a different story, but it was definitely something I won't ever forget. I would have liked to go up there more often to strengthen my sweet skills a little more but I wouldn't trade the experience we had for anything.
I'll miss everyone and I really hope that our group will spend time together back home at UD!