Bonaire W08 Study Abroad

Bonaire W08 Study Abroad
UD Team Undergrad!

Monday, January 7, 2008

First Week Blog

Our time in town allowed us to meet a number of locals with a variety of backgrounds. Many of them were very open to meeting and talking with us. It was kind of quirky talking with one younger guy from Bonaire who said in his travels, people had no idea where Bonaire was located; and I find myself in that same position when I tell people I'm from Delaware.

I spoke with a 24 year-old girl working at the Cappuccino Bar who had moved here in 1999. She grew up in Columbia and moved here to finish her secondary and college education. She really enjoys the snorkeling and downtown area of the island. The only time she had visited the United States was a visit to Orlando, Florida and Disney World in 2000. Overall, she and each of the other people we talked with were friendly, welcoming, and interested in what we were doing.

Ashley Schutt