Bonaire W08 Study Abroad

Bonaire W08 Study Abroad
UD Team Undergrad!

Thursday, January 31, 2008

Final Blog- Kat

I feel as if I've learned a great deal of things this past month in
Bonaire. I got to experience some amazing things that I never thought
I would, such as caving, kayaking in mangroves, and working with the
AUVs and the science team. I also learned a lot more about coastline
geology than I had known before, because I had never taken a geology
course at UD. One of my favorite experiences here was learning how to
dive with the semi closed circuit rebreather. I had always heard of
people diving with rebreathers and how much different it was, but I
never thought I would get the chance to be certified to use one. I
found that it was a lot different than I thought it would be, and I
hope to do it again in the future. This trip was a very rewarding
experience, and I will always remember it for years to come.