the ways I had imagined, but the island has certainly left an
invaluable mark on me. The topography of the island is so different
and more unique than other locations I have traveled to. The amazing
cliffs on the windward side, the color of the sea, and the beaches
composed of stark white dead coral. I must say that the memory that
will stick with me for a long time, and made a large impression on
me, occurred during my time snorkeling. After I would be swimming for
some time and enamored with the undersea world, I would peak up from
the water. As I was so interested in the marine life that is so
different from our own, the striking white beaches, pink terraces,
and cacti seamed so foreign at the moment. Looking at two worlds at
once, both so beautiful and intricate in their own ways, really makes
someone appreciate the diversity that makes up our earth. Although
the two worlds seem so unique from one another, they are indeed
coexisting at once, and do rely on each other. Just being able to
experience both the underwater and above water ecosystems together
left a mark on me that I will not soon forget. I will also not forget
the people on the trip either. Everyone was so willing to explore and
go on adventures around the island. The outlook was to have fun and
take in the tropical world around us. I can hardly wait to travel to
another location.
Laura Hegarty
