Expectations for Bonaire... Well, I think it is safe to say that we are all nervous and excited. I don't really 'expect' the trip to be an incredible experience, because I already know it will be! Upon arrival, I imagine the scene being very similar to your typical "Paradise" poster/picture (google image: 'paradise island') but with a much less commercialized aura to it. This could pose as a mild downfall as far as immediate interaction with the locals goes, but might make the experience more humble. Although I realize that making adaptations to a new and different world is not always the simplest of feats, it will undoubtedly be an experience in itself.
The learning aspect of the trip is going to be, well awesome (for lack of a better word). I think sharing the experience as a whole will enrich the memories that come out of it. I can't wait!
Ashley