Hilary and I arrived safe and sound last night after the long day of
travel. The flight down from San Juan (a sprawling city with an
amazing history) was made in a smallish twin prop plane. The plane
seats about 36 so when you all come down you will make up most of the
passenger list. The flight was made all the more enjoyable and
informative as I happened to find myself sitting next to a native
Bonairian returning home from a year abroad. To give you a sense of
how small and cozy Bonaire is turns out that her father runs Bonaire
Dive and Adventure the outfit that will be running out various eco
excursions. What's more she already knew all about a college group
coming down from "New Jersey" (close enough right?) and one of her
best friends knew one of the participants. So congratulations to
Kenny on making the first friend in Bonaire without even stepping
foot on terra firma. Isn't technology grand?! So the locals already
know we are coming and if last nights experience is any indication
they are a friendly and hospitable people...just like the group we
are bringing.
Well must be off many errands to tend to today in advance of your
arrival. I will try to write again later when I have downloaded some
of the photos from our first day.
Bon Bini!
-Art